Employee engagement campaign
HP had a brand-perception problem. It was trusted and respected, mostly by male professionals and office workers. But the new technology buyers, and the leading influencers of technology purchases in the skyrocketing consumer market, were women and teens. And they were inspired by brands like Apple, Nike and Starbucks. HP needed to become relevant to a different customer and build loyalty, passion—and love—in new ways.
What we did
We started on the inside, shifting perceptions among HP’s employees with the HP Brand Innovation Lab. The three-year program offered insights, knowledge development, training, workshops, campaigns and collaborations that inspired employees across the globe—from engineers to sales and from HR to marketing—to go out and create experiences people love.
What happened next
- Subscribership for three unique newsletters achieved more than 15 percent across employees worldwide.
- Corporate HQ received dozens of “Please don’t end this program” emails when its cancellation was announced.
- HP still leads the industry among consumers as a go-to brand for their most important technology needs.
What we did
- Employee engagement
- Brand positioning and management
- Vision, values and culture
- Content and storytelling