Employee engagement campaign
In 2016, Nike announced a bold ambition to double its growth with half the environmental impact. To get a win, every employee needed to fully embrace the new mindset and embed sustainable innovation into their work. For that to happen, sustainability had to get cool.
While Nike’s known for motivating athletes to jump higher, run faster and push limits, inspiring employees to do the same required more than a rallying cry. Success would be measured in tangible steps—such as signing up for trainings and toolkits—that moved employees from awareness to action.
What we did
We infused Nike swagger into the conversation with “Limitless,” a campaign that changed the conversation around sustainability—from simply “doing more with less” to an epic story of unlimited access to innovation, ideas and market opportunities. Every week, we featured a new profile of an employee whose success was fueled by sustainable innovation. Teasers on Nike’s Yammer channel and in email drove readers to a revitalized website for more resources and training opportunities. “Limitless” sparked a new way to talk about sustainability at Nike—and gave the conversation the chance to catch fire.
What happened next
- Subscriptions to Nike’s sustainable innovation newsletter grew approximately 20 percent.
- Emails achieved a click-through rate of nearly 10 percent
- The e-newsletters achieved a 53 percent overall open rate—better than the typical rate for similar internal communications
What we did
- Digital and print campaigns
- CR programs, communications and reporting
- Employee engagement
- Content strategy and editorial planning